Compare Tools PRO
Your professional shortlist starts here. Detailed ratings and comparison of all tested solutions, based on more than 80 features & criteria.
Compare Tools BASIC
Real-time basic comparison of webinar and online meeting tool test results
Overview of key terms, options and features to help you find the right solution
Questions and feedback
You want to know more about our website and services?
How we work
As a vendor-independent organization, we test all web conferencing solutions ourselves under real-life conditions. We accept no support or advice from suppliers or other third parties. To qualify for testing, web conferencing and webinar software must be offered as an application service (SaaS) via the Internet (ie, no need to install a server), and must meet our selection criteria. We focus on solutions that enable online collaboration and presentations or trainings in one-to-many scenarios – either via desktop sharing, or via a virtual room for document uploads. Tools that also offer video conferencing are marked accordingly in the results overview.
How we select tools for testing
We selected web conference and webinar tools based on the following criteria:
- Solutions must be popular, ie, in widespread use
- Solutions must run without you needing your own IT infrastructure and/or IT support team
- Solutions must let you register online for a free trial account (Mac or PC) that permits web conferences under real-life conditions.
- Solutions must offer a user interface in English (we award points for additional languages)
- Price list / licensing information must be available
Important: we do not claim that our selection is either complete or comprehensive. All tests and evaluations are carried out in good faith, and to the best of our abilities.
How we test
We used the following five-step procedure for all the virtual meeting tools we tested. All tools were tested in the same test environment, and on the same computers and mobile devices.
- Create a test account
- Document the initial implementation step-by-step
- Perform the first round of tests, based on a standard checklist
- Perform the second (and most important) round of tests. This involves road-testing the tools and their breadth of functionality in daily business under real-life conditions
- Compare pricing / licensing models, contract costs etc.
Our test criteria
Between mid 2007 and mid 2012, our top two criteria were Usability and Speed of setting up a meeting, which at the time reflected user surveys we conducted as to what were the most important criteria. In 2012 we updated our weightings to reflect a shift in the market; due to the broad availablity of high speed internet, the increased demand for integrated VoIP, integrated phone-based audioconferences and HD video conferencing and the importance of these features the Functionality criterium, where these audio and video functions feature prominently, gained importance at the cost of Meeting setup. Usability is still our number one priority. Any person invited to an online meeting for the first time should be able to handle the software intuitively.
Here is our current weighting list (updated August 2012):
- Functionality: 25%
- Usability: 25%
- Meeting Setup: 10%
- Software Installation: 5%
- Cost Transparency: 5%
- Security: 15%
- Platform Support: 15%
If you have any queries about the testing procedure, please click here.